Monday, September 12, 2011

Yum...


I am always looking for cheap and easy, but still delicious recipes. I found this one from disneyfamily.com

Tortellini with Edamame and smoked sausage:

Hands on time:30 minutes
Ready in:30 Minutes
Yield: 6 servings

1 pound frozen cheese tortellini
1 cup shelled Edamame (I found it in the frozen vegetables)
1 cup diced red pepper
1 pound smoked sausage
1/2 cup of Italian dressing (I added a little more)

1.) Set 6 quarts of salted water to a boil
2.) chop red pepper and slice sausage into 1/4 inch thick rounds
3.) Stir fry red pepper and sausage together (about 5 minutes)
4.) Add tortellini to water and cook for 5 minutes
5.) Add edamame to water and boil for another 2 minutes. Drain edamame and
tortellini well.
6.) Toss everything together with Italian dressing and heat through one final time.

I added a little Parmesan cheese to the top.

Not only was this a good dish, but I had never had edamame before. One of the things on my 30 before 30 list was to try new foods.

No comments: