Monday, July 22, 2013

Yum

I have been trying to eat a little more healthy this year.  I also get bored cooking the same old things every week.

I have been trying to create meal plans that include 2-3 things that I have pinned on Pinterest.  I find a lot of great recipes but haven't been so great about making them. 

For dinner on Friday, I made a Southwestern chopped salad with Cilantro-Lime dressing.  The recipe can be found http://www.thegardengrazer.com/2013/04/southwestern-chopped-salad-with.html.



I only added an orange bell pepper, corn, and black beans to the romaine lettuce.  I don't like tomatoes and neither of us eat onions. 
I though the dressing was delicious!  I did add a little salt and pepper on top of the salad.  It was even great as leftovers the next day.

Travis, on the other hand, hated it.  He couldn't even take a few bites.  I guess cilantro is something you either love or hate! 


For breakfast Saturday morning, I made whole wheat chocolate chip pancakes.  The recipe is found http://www.kitchentreaty.com/chocolate-chip-pancakes/

I really liked these because it is a mixture of whole wheat and all purpose flour.  Travis always complains when I use whole wheat anything.  He couldn't taste it at all.  For Travis and Kenny's pancakes, I added sliced bananas as well.

I did have to add a little extra buttermilk because my batter turned out almost like cookie dough.  A splash of buttermilk stirred in and it was perfect.  These pancakes were super fluffy!
I forgot to take a picture but they were delicious!

No comments: