Monday, October 20, 2014

Spina Bifida Awareness

I will admit that before my nephew Tucker was born with a surprise Spina Bifida diagnosis, I didn't really understand what SB was.  When I got the call that Tucker was here and also that he had SB, I was scared and did the worse thing ever.  I hit up Dr "Web MD".  Don't ever do that.  You will diagnose yourself with every horrible illness known to man, no matter how rare.  Instead, I talked to Ben and Bridget and heard what the doctors were telling them.  I went to actual Spina Bifida websites and educated myself.  When Charlie was diagnosed in-utero with Spina Bifida, I think everyone was a little sad and still scared, but better educated to help him with whatever he would need.  We are all still educating ourselves and want to bring awareness to others.  This year I chose to post one Spina Bifida fact a day in honor of SB awareness October. Hopefully this will bring just a little bit more awareness to those that don't know that much about Spina Bifida.   We also participated in the 2nd annual Walk Run and Roll for SB Awareness at Creve Couer Park.  It was a gorgeous afternoon spent with family!
Fredbird signing in!

Aunt Bridget and Loralei

Kenny was not impressed to meet "Bird"














The headband lasted about 5 minutes







No comments: