Thursday, January 1, 2015

CH-CH-CH- Changes

I need to make some major changes in the new year!  I have let myself become stagnant in almost every aspect of my life.  I spend most of my days in sweats, sitting on the couch, watching Disney Jr and Paw Patrol.  I need to make some changes.  Not only for me, but for my family as well.  I am setting some pretty big goals, not only for myself, but for my family as well.  Some are personal change, some are physical, and some are spiritual.  Change is in the air!

Physical:
 We need to be healthier as a family.  Exercise, fresh air, better food.  I need to lose weight.  I am 173 pounds.  Instead of losing 10 pounds in November and December, I gained 8.  I am only 6 pounds lighter than the day I gave birth over a year ago and 12 pounds over my pre pregnancy weight.  I feel like a sloth.  I thought I was ok at this size (size 12) but I just don't look healthy.  I am definitely not happy with myself.  So I am going to start doing yoga to strengthen my body and I am going to start running again.

My Goals for 2015

  • Get down to 145 pounds.  
  • Eat a healthier balanced diet
  • Spend more time outside with the kids
  • Encourage more physical activities for the kids
  • Run a 5K this Spring- as in run the entire thing!
  • Run a 10K this summer- as in run the entire thing!
  • Run 2 half marathons- October and November- as in run the entire thing! 
  • Encourage Travis to improve his physical health as well
  • Read 52 books this year.  I have already put a list together.  Less time on the computer, more time reading
  • Keep the house clean and organized-  my biggest struggle
  • purge, purge, purge!!!
  • Get out of debt.  All of our debt will be payed off in less than 2 years if we keep to the budget I have created
  • Do more as a family.  More family activities!
  • Communicate better, with everyone in my lives.  I want to stop picking fights over little things and also stand up for myself.  I don't always have to be a peacekeeper! 
  • Find a church home.  I am just not feeling that Bellefontaine will continue to be that place of worship for us.  
  • Blog or journal.  I need a place to express myself!

I will continue to add to this list as I find things that I need to improve in myself and my family.

No comments: