Friday, April 16, 2010

If I put it on my blog maybe it will motivate me!

So I have decided that I have to let myself go! Go back to the shape I used to be in, that is. I have started run/walking. I used to run 1-3 miles every day in college. Now I can't even make it halfway down the street. I'm not training for any marathon, although I really admire those of you that are (Rachel, Jamie, and Kori!) Maybe I will feel like I can do that when I am seeing a little more progress. Instead, I am feeling like I need a knee replacement and my calves are being ripped from my legs. I have also started yoga again. I also have another agenda than just looking good in my size 8 jeans that I am determined to get back from my BF! Trav and I have been struggling to get pregnant and I know getting healthy can only help. I quit smoking in January and am now determined to lose at least 20 pounds. Plus it will help if I have something else to focus on and (hopefully) have something to celebrate each month (weight loss!) Pregnancy has become my focus and it is a little upsetting. Things will work out and I know that but for now I am going to focus a little more on myself! I am not brave enough to post my starting weight or measurements but if it is okay with all of you in blog land, I will post any changes (good or bad). I am however putting up these awful pictures of me from our honeymoon hoping that will be enough to motivate me! Encouragement is always welcome! Thank you all in advance for your support!



Yes, I am trying to suck in the bubble gut in the swimsuit pics!

2 comments:

Erin said...

We all have put on weight because we are finally happy, but good for you for focusing on getting healthier. If you ever want a walking partner, let me know. That is about as much as I can do for now.

Kathy Wunderlich said...

The big reason I am focusing on weight is to lower my BMI for the whole pregnancy thing. Anything I can do. Isn't it funny how we "look" better when we are less happy! I am up for a walk anytime! You sure you can't run a few miles? LOL