Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ready for a new year

2010 has been a very rough year in my life. We have been struggling with infertility, family feuding, miscarriage, finances, you name it. You all know that I miscarried at 5 weeks on August 28th. Well, unexpectedly I got a positive pregnancy test over the weekend. I went in for some blood tests on Monday and the results were not good. My HCG was ok at 408 but my progesterone was only 3.5. I went on progesterone supplements starting Tuesday evening knowing that it probably wouldn't change anything, but also knowing that I have to try. I got my second set of blood results today and my hcg has dropped to 284. I am going to get the Rhogam (RH factor) shot tomorrow since I have B- blood. Then the waiting game begins. I will get blood drawn every week until it gets back down to zero. Then Travis and I will have a consult with Dr. Jewell to see where we are at and what the next step in the plan is.

While this is extremely hard for both of us, I am determined to look forward. Travis and I will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary in Florida, basically repeating our honeymoon. It will be nice to relax, watch a great football game, visit the House of Mouse again, maybe visit the World of Harry Potter, and see one of my best girls for a few days.

I am just hoping that as this year draws to an end and a new one begins, the ginormous black rain cloud that has been following us for the year finally floats away. It will be great to look forward to new things and the conflicts of the past will run their courses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you heading to FL? It sounds like you need the escape... it willl be good for you to get away and RELAX!! AS for the rest... I'll say a few prayers for you...