Sunday, February 27, 2011

What dr actually spends 2 hours answering questions?

This girl's dr did! Travis and I met with Dr. Odem on Friday. He was super nice and a little sarcastic, so you know I liked him right away. It was really casual with no pressure. He wants to try the least invasive treatment before moving on to the heavy duty stuff, if need be. The plan is for some blood work which I had done at the lab at Pragress West (and they didn't leave a bruise). He is doing a Rubella Titer (to see if I need to be revaccinated), testing my TSH and my Prolactin levels. I will be having a CD3 ulstrasound to make sure everything is clear. Pending the results of the bloodwork and US, then I will be starting on Clomid again. This time, I will just be taking the Clomid and not taking the Cenestin that had been prescribed. Dr. Odem said that in some women, the Cenestin could hinder ovulation. He also made sure to reassure me that Dr. Jewell has done an awesome job trying to figure things out, and we have jsut gone beyond the scope of his practice. Dr. Odem said that right now, he thinks that IVF is so far away that he wouldn't even talk about it. He said that IUI would be a possibility, only if I am ovulating but not getting preggers. He wants to take it one step at a time. He was very reassuring and made both of us feel very comfortable. Hopefully, I won't be spending much time working with him and he will be able to send me back to Dr. Jewell soon!!!

1 comment:

Show-Me Schlez said...

That is refreshingly optimistic news! Yay for sarcastic doctors!!!