Thursday, July 7, 2011

Yum


Baked Beef Chimichangas

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons of Vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped (I omitted because I hate onions)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 1/2 cups shredded cooked beef (I used ground beef because that's what I had)
2 cups shredded cheese, divided
2 8 count cans crescent rolls
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cuup chopped green onion ( again, I did not use)

1.) Heat oil. Add onion and garlic powder. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Add beef and cook until heated through. Remove from heat and add 1 cup cheese.

2.) Preheat oven to 350'F. Unroll crescent rolls and seperate into 8 rectangles. pinch preforations to seal. spread 1 tablespoon salsa over each rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edges.

3.) Grease baking sheet. spoon 1/3 cup of beef over each rectangle. Roll up dough from short end and press edges together to seal. Place chimichangas seam side down on baking sheet.

4.) Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Top with remaining cheese. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and green onions.

Photo courtesy of google images
Recipe courtesy of Easy Everyday Cooking

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I have made them with just tortillas. You brush the tops with canola oil, then bake. They look tasty. Wish I was eating starch...