Monday, April 15, 2013

At it again!

This time I am going to stick with it! I swear!

I started the Couch 2 5 K program (again) yesterday!  The weather is beautiful and there is no excuse to not run...

Except time.  There is never enough time

I already wake up at 5 in the morning to be at work by 8.   So I run at night.  I always have.  It worked out perfect.  I could run at 9, I could run at 7.  I was free to run when I felt like it.    Except now I have Kenny.  So I run around his schedule  I don't like running in West Alton after dark anymore because there are no streetlights and 94 is just to busy for that.  A few close calls scared me of that.  So I have created a new schedule.

My plan is to use my crock pot or make a casserole for my running days.  Pick up Kenny around 5 and get home.  Nurse him.  Then hit the streets with him in the jogging stroller (that is going to take some getting used to!)  By time I am done with my run, Travis should be home and out of the shower.  He can feed Kenny while I shower and then we can eat. No cooking and everyone is happy!  I might even get Trav to join me for a cool down walk around the neighborhood. 

On the nights that it is raining or this plan just goes to hell, I use the treadmill.  On non running days, I shred!

My goal run is to run the Cardinals Care 6K this August in 45 minutes or less.  That is about a 12 minute mile.  I am putting together a team for the 6K if anyone wants to run it! 

 I want to run the GO! Halloween 10K at an 11 minute mile. 

If anyone wants to send me a text or call me and make sure I have my butt in gear, feel free!  I need all the help I can get!

No comments: