Monday, June 10, 2013

One year

My baby boy is one!  I really can't believe it.  One year ago, I became a Momma. The one job I have always wanted to have.  7:31a.  I will never forget that time.  7lbs 9 oz.  That weight is forever in my memory.  We went through a lot to get our Kenny here, but I wouldn't change anything.  We have the most perfect baby boy and my life is perfect. 

Kenny has learned how to do so much in the last year and we have learned so much from him as well.   Travis and I have learned what unconditional love is.  We have learned to laugh over the messes, and sleepless nights, and stressful situations.  We have leaned on each other and grown with each other as much as our baby boy has grown.

Somedays I still watch Kenny sleep and can't believe he is here.  In some ways he is still very much a baby.  We still nurse in the morning and night and he still holds my finger while we lay there.  When he sleeps he still looks so tiny.  He still cuddles and presses his cheek against mine.  I love it when he lays his head on my chest. 

In other ways, he is so much of a big boy.  He is taking his first steps and learning new things.  He will watch you do something, like untie a lace, and then he has it figured out.  He wants to feed himself and drink out of a big cup.  He yells when he doesn't get what he wants.  He has amazing fine motor skills. 

I just want time to slow down!  My baby is growing up way to fast!! 





















No comments: