Friday, January 8, 2010

2009~~~ Reflections of a year

2009 is over! It is so hard to fathom that! What a crazy, exciting, memorable, somewhat dramatic year it has been! I sat down tonight and started thinking of everything that has happened over the past year.

January did not start out like I has planned. There was some drama with the wedding that I had not planned on!

January also brought some drama within my soon to be family. Travis' sister in law acted like a complete b*tch and went all psycho while celebrating Christmas with the family. What to come was months of backstabbing, petty, hurtful, drama! I was not allowed to even see to her children. It was petty and spiteful. Let's just say it was long and painful to deal with.

February was pretty uneventful, with the exception of 2 major milestones. I found the perfect dress, and the bridesmaids found amazing bridesmaids dresses! What an exciting step in the wedding process. It made it seem all the more real!
Travis also surprised me with the most beautiful engagement ring the night before Mardi Gras. It is a beautiful and exactly what I wanted! (and I was proposed to a second time!!!)

March was unexciting with the exception of Danny's birthday! What a fun day!
My dad turned 51 on March 16th.

April was full of up and down emotions. A close friend of mine lost her father, a much loved man. Duane passed away after suffering a fall at work. It was a huge shock to all who knew him and the healing process for his family will be difficult. Kori and Tim showed their strength, with the help from good family and friends.
April also saw Travis and I putting a contract on our first home. What an ordeal that was about to become! Oh and I started coupon shopping in April! My sister also turned 24 on April 24th!
April is when Christine managed to drop a bomb on me . We had not talked since January when she leaves me a message. We talk and she tells me that she has just found at that she is 5 MONTHS pregnant! We talked about some of our issues and realize that we can maintain an new and different type of friendship! We may not be as close as we once were but it is worth it.

May started with my 27th birthday. For some reason I am not so excited about getting closer to 30! May is also when we learned that we were buying a house from the stupidest humans on the planet who tried backing out of their contract 5 different times. It was definitely a process getting to buy our first home! By months end we were home owners!!!

June started with a marathon painting session. Our entire new house was painted, with the exception of the half bath and the 2nd bedroom. It was 3 looong days but we actually had a lot of fun doing it!
At the end of June another drama! Travis broke a bone in his hand at work. He required surgery and 6 pins. The xray is really creepy looking! He spent the next 2 months on light duty at work and in physical therapy. It was not a fun time! However, with all that extra time, Travis found a new member of the family for us. He found us Montana, a 2 year old beagle/ lab mix. She is great!

July was a little more relaxing for us. We celebrated 4th of July in our new house! Then we were off to Lake Geneva, WI for the wedding of Willie Chandler to Margaux Cossitt. What a great mini vacation! It was an amazing wedding in a beautiful setting! It was a perfect weekend!
My BF also announced that she was pregnant with baby number 5!

August was hot! We got Internet, I was promoted at work, and Benny and Tucker celebrated birthdays. Travis and I had a fun wedding shower! Not much else happened.

September was an enlightening and healing month. On Labor Day weekend, Travis' brother and sister in law suffered a miscarriage. Knowing how painful this is for everyone, I felt I needed to do something even though they really didn't deserve it. I offered to take the girls for the day while Jessica was in the hospital so that Randy, and Trav's parents could be with her. (Surprisingly she agreed) Trav, the girls, and I spent a much needed carefree day with my BF and her family in Hannibal. Through tragedy can come healing, and Jess and I managed to resolve our differences. I asked if the girls could be back in the wedding. (We now have 3 flower girls, but that is a whole other thing!) Jess and I will never be close but at least no more punches will be thrown!
Christine also gave birth to Jacob on Sept. 1st.

October was the most amazing month. On October 24th, I married the love of my life. Everything was perfect and we had an awesome time!!! You can see previous posts for more details. That is all I really remember about the entire month!

Oh yeah and Jake celebrated a birthday, the same day as my wedding!

November saw a month of being thankful for the things in my life. I hosted my first Thanksgiving (and cooked my first turkey). It was a pretty uneventful month!

December started with the birthdays of some very cute little girls, Taylor and Carli Grace! ... and Strep throat for me, so I didn't get to attend their 1st birthday parties! I got to have a slumber party with my 4 favorite boys and one tired little princess. My friends sure do have some cute kids!
Christmas was great this year and I was spoiled by my husband... (Canon Rebel xsi)!!

We celebrated NYE at Magic Kingdom in Disney World and that is where this crazy year ended! I have learned, grown, seen, and taught a lot! I can't wait to see what 2010 hold!

No comments: