Friday, May 8, 2015

#battleofthebelly

I've posted a thousand times about losing weight.  I have problems sticking with a weight loss/work out problem.  I set goals and then just give up.  Not this time!!  This time I paid a lot of money to run a race while I am on vacation.  In fact, we planned an entire vacation around this race!  So I am sticking with it!

I started a 20 week couch to half marathon training program.  Interval training so I am building up my endurance in a healthy way!  I am also starting to do yoga.  I have pretended to do yoga in the past, done the Jillian Michaels yoga challenge, and got kicked out of a yogalates class in college.  However, I am really loving the way yoga is making me feel.  The relaxation (ha!) and the stretch I am getting is amazing!  I am looking for a yoga class I can fit into my week.  the #mayibeginyoga2015 instagram yoga challenge has been a lot of fun to do.  A pose a day for the whole month!

I am also doing a #30dayabchallenge  My upper body and my core are super weak.  I am hoping that by toning my core muscles through yoga and ab work, not only will I have a flatter tummy, but also help with my back and hip issues.  My back is a mess after scoliosis, a few car accidents, and injuries dating back to high school and now my hips are out of whack after pushing out 2 babies.  I don't feel comfortable going to a chiropractor so I am hoping all of this helps.

Now, on to the part I dread: The Weight Loss Goal.

I currently weight almost as much as I did the day I had Loralei.  I have let myself go over the last year and half.  It was easy to use excuses.  "i have a toddler and a newborn" "I'm exhausted" "I don't have time" "I don't care if I am fat, I'm happy"   Well the truth is, my baby isn't a newborn anymore.  She isn't even really a baby.   I'm exhausted because I am not healthy.  I have plenty of time and really just lacked motivation.  I do care that I am fat and I'm not really happy.  It's time to change all of that!  I want to have energy and be healthy and happy for my kids.  I don't want to get tired just chasing Kenny around the yard or get winded running up the stairs.  I want to lose 25-30 pounds.  That will put me in a healthy BMI and get me down to a size I am comfortable with.  If I lose more, then great, but I don't want to go to the extreme.  I am more concerned with  how I look and feel than what the scale actually says.

Soooo......  I will be posting my weight and doing biweekly weigh-ins to keep myself accountable.  If it's out there, then I will want to make sure I change it.

175.2
There it is.  It's not a pretty number and I am determined to see it drop.  So thanks to all of you following this journey and keeping me accountable.  I really do appreciate it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So so proud of you lady! I can't wait to see that post race body!